SEXUAL SIN SERIES
SABBATH AND SUNDAY
IN THE SCRIPTURES
THE SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK IS:
1. The Creator's Rest Day. Gen. 2:2; Ex. 20:11; Heb. 4:4.
2. The Creator's Blessed Day. Gen. 2:3; Ex. 20:11.
3. The Creator's Sanctified Day. Gen. 2:3; Deut. 5:12.
4. The Creator's Hallowed Day. Gen. 2:3; R. V.; Ex. 20:11; Jer. 17:22.
5. The Creator's Holy Day. Ex. 20:8; 31:14; Isa. 58:13.
6. The Creator's Sabbath Day. Ex. 20: 10; 31:16; Deut. 5:14; Matt. 12:8; Mark 2:28.
7. The Savior's Resurrection Day. "In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week." He arose, and the angel said, "He is not here: for He is risen." -Matt. 28:1-8.
8. The Sovereign's Day. Rev. 1:10; Mark: 2:28; Isa. 58:13; Ex. 20:10; Gen. 2:1-3.
9. In the Creator's Perpetual Covenant. Ex. 31:16; 34:21; Ps. 89:34; Isa. 66:23; Heb. 4:9.
10. The Creator's Sign or Seal. Ex. 31:13, 17; Eze. 20:12, 20; Rev. 7:2. "Seal" in Rev. 7:2, is rendered "sign" in Wycliffe's Translation, 1380; and in the Douay Version of 1609. See "sign" and "seal" in Rom. 4:11.
The Seventh Day of Creation Week is the time from sunset Friday till sunset Saturday. Luke 23:54-56; Ex. 20:8-11; Gen. 2:1-3; Lev. 23:32; Luke 13:14; Mark 1:32.
THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK IS:
1. The continuation of the "first day" of the first week of creation. Gen. 1:1-5.
2. The first of the six working days. Gen. 1; Ex. 20:8-11; Eze. 46:1; Luke 13:14.
3. The first day after "the end of the Sabbath" when it is past. Matt. 28:1; Mark 16:1, 2.
4. The day upon which the women visited the sepulchre, after "having rested the Sabbath day." Luke 23:54-56; 24:1; John 20:1.
5. The day upon which the Messiah walked eight miles to Emmaus, arriving at sunset. Luke 24:1, 13, 29.
6. The day (Roman time) on which the Messiah, with two disciples, met the eleven (Luke 24:30-36; John 20:19); but the "evening" (night) of the next day (Bible time). Compare: John 20:19 with 1 Sam. 30:17; Mark 1:32.
7. The day in which Paul held (in the night) one meeting, walking nineteen miles on the light part. Acts 20:7-13.
8. One of "the six working days" in which to transact business. Ezekiel 46:1; 1 Cor. 16:2.
SABBATH VERSUS SUNDAY
Do the Scriptures say that the Creator blessed the Sabbath? Yes! Gen. 2:3.
Do they say that He blessed the Sunday? No!
Do they say that He hallowed Sabbath? Yes! Ex. 20:11.
Do they say that He hallowed Sunday? No!
Do they say that He commanded the keeping of Sabbath? Yes! Ex. 20:8-11.
Do they say that He commands the keeping of Sunday? No!
Do they say that He rested on the Sabbath? Yes! Ex. 20:11.
Do they say that He rested on Sunday? No!
Do they say that He calls the Sabbath His Holy Day? Yes! Isa. 58:13.
Do they say that He calls Sunday His holy day? No!
Do they say that He offers great reward to you for keeping holy the Sabbath? Yes! Isa. 58:13,14.
Do they say that He offers great reward to you for keeping holy the Sunday? No!
Do they say that the Sabbath will be kept in the new earth? Yes! Isa. 66:23.
Do they say that the Sunday will be kept in the new earth? No!
Do they say for saints to pray about the Sabbath? Yes! Matt. 24:20.
Do they say for saints to pray about Sunday? No!
Do they say that the holy women kept the Sabbath according to the commandments? Yes! Luke 23:56.
Do they say that the holy women kept Sunday according to any commandment? No!
Do they say it was the Savior's custom to keep the Sabbath? Yes! Luke 4:16.
Do they say it was the Savior's custom to keep Sunday? No!
Do they say it was Paul's "manner" to worship on Sabbath? Yes! Acts 17:2.
Do they say it was Paul's "manner" to worship on Sunday? No!
Do they say that people were punished for Sabbath breaking? Yes! Jer. 17:27.
Do they say that people were punished for Sunday breaking? No!
Do they say some power would think to change Divine time? Yes! Dan. 7:25.
Do they say that the Almighty will ever change? No! Mal.3:6.
Do they say that those who keep the commandments of the Almighty are blessed? Yes! Rev. 22:14.
Do they say that those who keep the traditions of men are blessed? No! Matt 15:3.
Do they say there are six working days? Yes! Eze. 46:1.
Do they say the Sabbath is one of these working days? No! Ex. 20:8-11.
Do they say that Paul made tents on the six working days? Yes! Acts 18:3.
Do they say Paul made tents on the Sabbath? No! Acts. 18:4.
Do they say the Sabbath is a sign of our sanctification? Yes! Eze. 20:12.
Do they say Sunday is a sign of our sanctification? No!
Do they say that the Savior is the Master (Ruler or Owner) of the Sabbath? Yes! Mark 2:28.
Do they say that the Savior is the Ruler, or Master, of Sunday? No!
Do they say that teaching for doctrines the commandments of the Almighty is vain worship? No! Matt. 19:17.
Do they say that teaching for doctrines the commandments of men is vain worship? Yes! Matt. 15:9.
The Protestants borrowed Sun-Day from the Roman Catholic Church; the Romans borrowed it from the pagans; the pagans borrowed it from Babylon. Sunday is not found in the Scriptures, but is now used for the first day of the week. It was an old pagan holiday, "Dies Solis" (Sun-Day), and was retained by the Roman Catholic Church to appease the pagan element.
In 321 A.D., by edict of the pagan Emperor Constantine, the Sun-Day was made the official rest day of the Roman Empire.
Dear Reader: These are but a few of the yeas and nays of Scripture. Do you say "HalleluYAH"?
— Reprinted from Faith Bible and Tract Society ~ P.O. Box 321 ~ Amherst, Ohio 44001
"There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath for the people of Elohim. For the one, having entered into His rest, has himself also rested from his works, as Elohim rested from His own. Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into the rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of disobedience." (Heb. 4:9-11)
"Blessed are those doing His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the kingdom of YHWH." (Rev. 22:14)