SEXUAL SIN SERIES
Are You In Touch With The Savior?
Dear friend, hello. I have a question for you, a very important one: "Are you in touch with the Savior?" The answer to this question is so very important. Are you in touch with the Savior? Yes or no? We hope the answer is not "No." If it is, please read this pamphlet. I have written it out of genuine concern for you. Yes, for you.
To start with, how can we be in touch with the Savior. Our Savior, the Messiah Yahshua(1) is not a tangible object: He is a Heavenly Being. He is Yahweh's Son.(2) We can't touch Him. So how can we be in touch with Him?
I'm sure you've heard of the five senses: TASTE, TOUCH, SMELL, SIGHT, and HEARING. However, when it comes to spiritual matters, such as being in touch with the Savior, we must go much deeper than physical senses. We must go to spiritual senses.
Have you ever reached out and touched something? I am sure you have. How would you feel if you reached and reached, yet could never touch the object you desired to make contact with? You would feel helpless.
How do we get in touch with the Savior? If we try to get in touch with Him by using the physical sense of touch, we will fail miserably. Without His help, power, love, and compassion, we will never get in touch with Him. But do not despair, because He is ready to offer His help, His power, His love, and His compassion. He is ready to aid you in becoming spiritually in touch with Him.
Have you heard before of the Messiah?
If so, do you really know about Him? Maybe you already do, but for the sake of those who don't, I would like to explain who Yahshua really is.
1. He is not One who accepts and loves anything and everything.
Yes, Yahshua is very loving and forgiving, when we come to Him in true repentance, but He is not a Savior who likes us to do whatever we want. He expects us to keep His Law.
Some people portray the Savior as a loving sweetheart who loves everybody and everything. This is not true. Yahshua does love everyone in the sense that He has a compassion for mankind, and wants us to be happy in Him, but He hates sin. (Proverbs 6:16-19)
2. He is the same Being as Yahweh.
Yahweh is Yahshua's Father. Why isn't Yahshua the "love everything" type? Because Yahweh isn't. Yahweh hates sin. Yahshua plainly tells us in John 10:30, I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE. They are not divided. Father, Son, and Set-Apart (holy) Spirit are not three people, as some say, but rather, three different aspects of one Heavenly Spirit Being,
3. Yahshua is the Savior of mankind.
Yahshua's Home is in Heaven. In Heaven, everything is perfect. But do you know what Yahshua did? About 2,000 years ago, He laid aside His lovely Life above to come to this earth and show mankind the Way to Life eternal. He took upon Himself the form of a man. He taught many people, and He healed many people. He was a bold teacher, and yet a humble servant. He lived righteously, and did all things as Yahweh wanted Him to. As He said, My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me (that is, Yahweh), and to finish His work. (John 4:34) He also said, I do nothing of Myself, but as the Father hath taught Me, I speak these things. He that sent Me (that is, Yahweh) is with Me; the Father hath not left me alone , for I do always those things that please Him. (John 8:28-29) But then sinners killed Him. They put Him on a stake. He was hung on the stake with nails pierced through Him. But do you know what? We killed Him. Through our sins, we put Him on the stake. He did not have to come to earth, but it was part of He and His Father's loving plan. What was the purpose of His plan? He wanted to free us from sin. Because of our sins, we must someday die. FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH. (Romans 6:23a) But He did not want us to have to be dead eternally. He came to pay the death price for us so that we can live eternally with Yahweh after our death. THE GIFT OF YAHWEH IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH YAHSHUA MESSIAH OUR MASTER. (Romans 6:23b)
4. Yahshua lives eternally.
I thought I said He died. He did. He died on the stake. He was buried by a man named Joseph, who loved Him. But what happened after three days and three nights? He rose from the dead! He had already said that He would do this. He rose from the dead! Isn't that amazing? He ascended into Heaven again. WHILE THEY BEHELD, HE WAS TAKEN UP, AND A CLOUD RECEIVED HIM OUT OF THEIR SIGHT. (Acts 1:9) He now sits on the right hand of Yahweh, making intercession for His children. And He lives eternally, forever and ever.
5. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
In section three, Yahshua is the Savior of mankind., I pointed out that Yahshua came to earth to show mankind the Way to Life eternal. What is the Way to Life eternal? The Way is Yahshua. Through Yahshua we may have eternal Life in New Jerusalem, instead of eternal death in hell. New Jerusalem is the beautiful beautiful city that He is preparing for those who love and obey Him. One day He will come back to earth, and He will bring the beautiful New Jerusalem with Him. It is there that we as His children will live forever.
How do we know that Yahshua is the Way? YAHSHUA SAITH UNTO HIM, "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE: NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER BUT BY ME." John 14:6
So do you know a little bit more about the Savior now? Would you like to know how to be in touch with Him? I will tell you how you may be in touch with Him. My prayer for you is that you will become in touch with Him if you aren't already.
1. Acknowledge your need of Yahweh.
2. Acknowledge your sin. For all have sinned and come short of the esteem of Yahweh. (Romans 6:23) For there is not a just man on earth that..... sinneth not. (Ecclesiastes 7:20)
3. Realize that only Yahshua can take away your sin. Neither is there salvation in any other (than Yahshua): for there is none other Name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)
4. Ask Yahweh to give you true repentance. When you truly feel sorry for your sins, and truly are willing to forsake them and to forsake the ways, friendships, amusements, and evils of the world, confess them to Yahweh, ask Him to take them away, and give them up to Him. This means being willing to follow Him rather than the world. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9) Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. (Psalm 51:9) He that covereth his sins shall not prosper, but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy. (Proverbs 28:13)
5. Your sins are forgiven you! If you have done this I am sure that you feel such peace! If you have not, I hope you will soon. Once your sins are forgiven you, ask Yahweh to give you a clean renewed heart (renewed mind set, purpose, desires, decisions, and attitudes). Purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean; wash me and I shall be whiter than snow. Create in me a clean heart, O Yahweh, and renew a right spirit within me. (Psalm 51:7,10) If you sincerely ask for a renewed heart, Yahweh will be very glad to give you one. Listen to what He says in Ezekiel 36:26: A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (Note: This does not mean that suddenly you will be able to live a righteous life with no difficulty at all. It will take effort on your part, and it will be difficult. However, as you desire in your heart to live for Yahweh, and seek His help, He will willingly and gladly help you.)
7. When Yahweh has renewed your heart, what He has done is re-made it in His Image. In the beginning, Yahweh made man in His own Image, perfectly sinless. So Yahweh created man in His own Image, in the Image of Yahweh created He him, male and female created He them. (Genesis 1:27) But when the people that Yahweh had created disobeyed Him, they fell from that sinless state. Now they and all mankind since them were and are sinners. For all have sinned and come short of the esteem of Yahweh. (Romans 6:23) But when Yahweh renews your heart and makes you clean, He is renewing you to be in His Image again. You have put on the renewed man, which is renewed in knowledge after the Image of Him that created Him (Colossians 3:10) This does not mean that you will never sin again, but now your body is not subject to sin. You are now a servant of Yahweh and of righteousness, and you seek to obey Him. You do not sin wilfully now. You are careful to obey Him.. Romans 6 Knowing this, that our old man is put to death with Messiah, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 12Let not sin reign therefore in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin, but yield your selves unto Yahweh, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto Yahweh. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you. 16Know ye not that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey: whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But Yahweh be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin; but ye have obey from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19 ... as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity, unto iniquity, even so now yield your members servants to righteousness, unto set-apartness (holiness). 22Now being made free from sin, and become servants to Yahweh, ye have your fruit unto set-apartness, and the end everlasting life. 23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of Yahweh is eternal life, through Yahshua Messiah our Master. So... when you receive a clean, renewed heart, you are renewed and re-made in Messiah's Image. And you become Messiah's servant. Does this mean bondage? Yahweh forbid. On the contrary, this means hope and freedom. If the Son of Yahweh therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. And ye shall know the Truth (that is, Yahshua, who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life), and the Truth shall make you free. (John 8:36,32) As Yahweh's servant you are free from sin. But you are more than a servant.
8.Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons (and daughters) of Yahweh; therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew His not. Beloved, now are we the sons (and daughters) of Yahweh, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. (1 John 3:1-2) As Yahweh's child, you are no longer a part of the world, you are a part of the family of Yahweh. He has adopted you as His own. "For if ye live after the flesh , ye shall die, but if ye through the Spirit do mortify (or crush and give up) the deeds of the body (the carnal man who is not re-made in Messiah's Image), ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of Yahweh, they are the sons (and daughters) of Yahweh. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but ye have received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, "Father, father." The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of Yahweh. And if children, then heirs, heirs of Yahweh, and joint heirs with Messiah: if so be that we suffer with Him, that may be also esteemed together. (Romans 8:13-17)
9. As we can see, being Yahweh's child means being willing to suffer with Him. He suffered a cruel death to save us. We also must be willing to suffer. We must be willing to leave the ways of the world, worldly friends, and worldly amusements behind. We must be willing to follow Yahshua and find our joy in Him. Rejoice in Yahweh alway, and again, I say, rejoice. (Philippians 4:4) Let your soul rejoice in Yahweh's mercy... (Ecclesiasticus 51:10) As Yahweh's children, we must accept the fact that the world will no longer be fond of us. Yahshua warns us, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own; but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, "The servant is not greater than the Master; if they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept My saying, they will keep your's also. But all these things will they do unto you for My Name's sake, because they know not Him that sent Me (that is, Yahweh)." (John 15:18-21) Yahshua said to the Father, I have given them Thy Word, and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that Thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Set them apart through Thy truth; Thy Word is truth." (John 17:14-16) But though the world will not love us, we will have something much greater than the love of the world which passes away. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of Yahweh abideth forever. (1 John 2:17) We will have the love and favor of Yahweh, which lasts forever and ever. Yahweh says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." So that we may boldly say, "Yahweh is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me." (Hebrews 13:5-6) We can trust completely that He will keep His Word, for He is the same yesterday, and today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8) and He is truth, therefore, He cannot lie. In hope of eternal Life, which Yahweh, that cannot lie, promised before the world began (Titus 1:2)
Are you ready to believe in Yahweh? Are you ready to commit your life to Him, that He might give you true Life? If you haven't already, why not do it right now? Heed the old saying, "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today." WHEREFORE AS THE SET-APART SPIRIT SAITH, "TO DAY IF YE WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS, AS IN THE PROVOCATION, IN THE DAY OF TEMPTATION IN THE WILDERNESS" (Hebrews 3:7,8) WE THEN, AS WORKERS TOGETHER, BESEECH YOU ALSO, THAT YE RECEIVE NOT THE GRACE OF YAHWEH IN VAIN. FOR HE SAITH, "I HAVE HEARD THEE IN THE TIME ACCEPTED, AND IN THE DAY OF SALVATION HAVE I SUCCOURED (aided) THEE: BEHOLD, NOW IS THE ACCEPTED TIME, BEHOLD, NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION". (2 Corinthians 6:1-2)
-Rivqah (R. J. Coover), 5/2004
For further spiritual help, go to the Scriptures. From Genesis to Revelation, they are rich with instruction on how to be cleansed from our sins and how to live righteously before Yahweh.
For additional insight, feel free to visit www.JoyInTheWorld.info You may contact us from there. Or, if you do not have internet access, you may contact us at:
Joy In The World
Post Office Box 7
Shippensburg, PA 17257
And talk to Yahweh. He is always ready to hear the earnest prayers of the seekers of the Way.
1. Yahshua is the original and correct Name of the Savior spoken of in the Scriptures.
2. Yahweh is the original and correct Name of the Creator spoken of in the Scriptures.
2. Yahweh is the original and correct Name of the Creator spoken of in the Scriptures.